Smooth-E Company Limited was established in 1990 in Bangkok by Dr Sangsook Pittayanukul, a pharmacist
with extensive working experience and expertise. During that time, Dr Pittayanukul observed that personal care products sold in Thailand were of inferior quality compared to those marketed in Europe and the US. With image and health consciousness increasing in Thailand, he therefore introduced Smooth-E under the concept of cosmeceutical products.
Smooth-E continues to invest in research and development in partnership with medical institutes and hospitals to develop innovative, effective and safe products for the market. At the end of 2004, Smooth-E will launch Smooth-E Sunscreen SPF 52, a physical sun block and anti-aging cream, the first of its kind in the world that does not contain chemicals; Smooth-E White Babyface Night Cream, a cream to reduce and prevent freckles and blemishes for a white and youthful complexion; and Smooth-E Scar Reducing Plaster, a silicone plaster to smooth away scars. Smooth-E will increase its marketing activities to directly target local consumers through schools, universities, hospitals and clinics. Furthermore, the company will continue to expand its presence overseas, especially in Asia, by using Thailand as a manufacturing base for export.
- Facial cream: Smooth-E Cream diminishes scars, evens out rough spots, soothes sun and wind burn, erases chapped skin and smoothes away wrinkles. Smooth-E White Baby Face Cream diminishes and prevents freckles and blemishes for a fair and youthful complexion. Smooth-E Gold Cream is an anti-aging cream enriched with a unique combination of vitamins to revitalise and improve skin tone.
- Facial serum: Smooth-E Life Up Capsule is a serum of a dozen of the purest and most potent herbal compounds to boost the skin’s natural defenses against aging, leaving the skin youthful, healthy and radiant.
- Facial foam: Smooth-E White Babyface Foam, a non-ionic and pH balanced formula that does not generate imitating foam, helps to reduce blemishes for a fair and youthful complexion. Smooth-E Gold Foam is a non-ionic and pH balanced formula that does not generate imitating foam, gently washes away the daily stresses of living and reverses the damaging effects of sun and aging.
- Hair care: Smooth-E Shampoo effectively cleanses hair with no lingering residue, a major cause of hair and scalp problems. Smooth-E Conditioner is an enriching hair-conditioner. Smooth-E Hair Serum nourishes long and healthy hair.
- Body care: Smooth-E White and Slim Body Wash is a body-firming body wash that leaves the skin white, smooth and silky soft. Smooth-E White and Slim Lotion is a body-firming lotion for white, flawless skin.
- Lip care: Smooth-E Lip Balm is a medicated lip balm that protects lips from chapping as well as speeds the healing process.
Smooth-E’s brand building utilises various advertising media, product samples, point of purchasing promotion material such as brochures, promotion through trade channels such as pharmacies and clinics, promotion through professionals such as doctors and pharmacists to recommend the product, as well as the company’s own sales representatives to communicate its product quality to customers. Research and development and product testing for efficacy and safety in collaboration with medical institutes and hospitals which is later published in medical and pharmaceutical journals also promotes the brand. The company also sponsors concerts and essay contests about taking care of one’s skin among high schools countrywide, and has launched a redemption campaign for loyal customers of Smooth-E products and a lucky draw for Smooth-E Cream and Smooth-E Babyface Foam customers.
Smooth-E is recognised by customers as high-quality cosmeceutical products recommended by doctors and pharmacists. State-of-the-art medical technology is used to constantly improve and develop Smooth-E products. With cosmeceutical technology widely accepted among the medical and pharmaceutical professions as well as the public, Smooth-E products hold the number one sales position in pharmacies nationwide.
THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT SMOOTH-E
Numerous brands have tried to imitate Smooth-E but have failed and eventually retreated from the market due to ineffective formulas and low-quality production technology which results in an inferior quality cream base Over 45 percent of new Smooth-E users are from word-of-mouth recommendation